Year 11 Revision & Examination Evening
Thursday 12th March 2015 from 7pm to 8.30pm
Year 11 students are entering the final phase of their education here at Nunnery Wood High School and will be getting lots of advice to help them prepare for the forthcoming examinations from staff in the school. Competition for college places, universities, jobs and apprenticeships is intensifying.
We are very aware that success for students stems from a partnership between staff, parents and students. It is important therefore that what we say about revision and learning at school is backed up and reinforced at home.
To enable you to do this we will be running a parental “Year 11 Revision and Examination Evening” on Thursday 12th March 2015 from 7pm to 8.30pm which will focus on the following aspects of exam preparation:
· The organisation of GCSE revision sessions and examinations at Nunnery Wood
· Practical revision techniques that your child can use.
· Time management and resources to support time management
· How to support your child in the build up to the examinations and during the examination period.
· Essential advice and preparation for English, Maths and Science examinations
The seminar will take place in the main school hall and may include some small workshop sessions that focus upon the core subjects of English, Maths and Science.
A free raffle for parents will be drawn on the evening, each attendee will be issued with a free raffle ticket upon entry. Prizes will include a large selection of wine, chocolates and other goodies!
A letter has been sent home to the parents of all year 11 students, please return the proforma slip to the school if you wish to attend the event.