Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax
If you would like further information please talk to Mr Raistrick at school or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can support you with completing the application.
Any information you share will be treated in the strictest confidence.
In addition to your child receiving free school meals, your family will be able to access additional support from the school to support your child’s education including:
- Access to a bursary for uniform and trips/visits
- Revision guides for students in year 10 and 11
- Support with ingredients and equipment for technology and other lessons
Ready Steady Worcestershire
Worcestershire Children First have set up a webpage that provides information about support available to families over the school holidays. There is a link to an interactive map where you can find organisations in your local area that can provide you with either food items to cook a meal at home or prepared meals for your child during the school holiday period.